Monday, January 19, 2009

The 427 Cobra Years....Now!



After 7 years in Chilliwack it was time to move once again. The added headache of having a secondary Rental House on the property put the 'Melodrama' over the top! Tania and I found a nice place in Harrison, older home on 1-acre and no shop! But hey, there was no Rental House anymore! I just needed to build a shop and clean up the joint a little, dead simple! Double-click on the pics to get the full size.

Six Months of hard labor and the Shop is up. The view is truly majestic and walking to work every morning is a blast! I had taken a little hiatus lasting almost two years...getting away from the whole car thing and trying to heal from the burn-out factor. I basically went AWOL for a while and started to get the old itch again...Oh Oh! Tania is once again getting nervous and wondering...
"Now what is he up to?"
That was a good question and one that a lot of our old comrades were also wondering. I started easing into the work again. I had a contract to build some composite Aircraft Parts for a local Kit Plane Manufacturer and the Wireless Wave display units were still bringing in the money to live. But somehow, that was not nearly as satisfying as building cool cars. I started work on our Aluminum Car and got inspired again! I started thinking about producing a 'New' kit based on the 'Old' ideas...it doesn't get more authentic than the real thing and I have one laying around.

So the design work began and is nearly complete to offer on the market. I will be posting our new concept this Spring for you Guys to have a look at, and give me some of your thoughts on. I think you'll like it and I aim to make it as affordable as possible which is something not really being offered by anyone yet...

I learned in my many years in this business that it is important to have a good working relationship with our customers. This makes things easy for everyone. I worked myself to exhaustion in the past and my customers were no always happy. Things simply did not happen fast enough, and how could they? One guy building Kits, Turn-key Cars and other types of work simply can not keep up. I have single-handedly created a whole fleet of cars over the years, but nowhere near the numbers that some of the larger USA-based companies claim.
That's OK by me...I am satisfied in building smaller numbers but higher-quality cars.


I'm taking a more informal approach to doing business these days! Taking the time to get to know a person a little before agreeing to get into a long term business relationship is wise. I have had the displeasure of dealing with a few &$%#@! over the years (If you are reading this then you know who you are!) and this will never happen again, for sure! Nice Guys are Welcome anytime at Wolfzter's Custom Rod Shoppe!









No comments:

Post a Comment